Small Business Attorney
Let us help you protect your business and prepare for success!
Whether you need our help to form, manage, or sell your business, we can help you every step of the way. Our ultimate goal is to give you, the business owner, peace of mind with a plan to help them reach their business goals while keeping their business in good standing.
We serve a variety of small business entities including corporations, limited liability companies, partnerships, and non-profits in Waukesha, Jefferson, Dodge, Walworth, Washington, and Milwaukee county.
How We Help With Small Business Law
If you are considering starting a business, let us help you set up your business right. We can advise you on the various business entities, advantages and disadvantages, and associated tax implications.
We handle all aspects of the business formation including:
- Formation of documents to file with the state
- Bylaws or operating agreement
- Issuance of stock or membership certification
- Acquisition of the federal tax identification number
- IRS approval of the non-profit status
Business Acquisition & Sale
Buying, selling, merging, or acquiring a business is a complex process. We can help you navigate the process and ensure a success transition.
- Acquisitions: We can help you through a business acquisition, which involves buying another company to build upon your own company’s strengths and weaknesses. Business acquisitions are a great way to diversify your business, gain new revenue streams, acquire additional property and equipment, expand your product portfolio, acquire talent, etc.
- Selling a Business: If you are ready to retire or move on to your next venture, we can help you sell your business. There are so many considerations- business valuation, exit planning, transfer of ownership and intellectual property, etc. Once you decide to sell your business, we can serve as your guide throughout the entire sales process.
- Mergers: We can also assist through a business merger, where two companies recognize synergies and combine into one, stronger businesses. There are many different types of mergers and we can help you structure the merger to best suit your needs. Sometimes a merger can feel more as a takeover, so it is essential to have an attorney on your side!
A buy-sell agreement, also known as a buyout agreement, is a legal agreement between co-owners of a business that governs the process if a co-owner chooses to leave the business, is forced to leave a business, or passes. This agreement serves as a plan of action if unforeseen circumstances should arise, such as a death, an accident that gives rise to a disability, or a life event that leads one to choose to depart the business. We can help you craft a buy-sell agreement that fits your needs so that you and your co-owners are prepared for success regardless of what happens. Buy-sell agreements are often most valued during unforeseen, challenging times.
Service agreements, commercial contracts, employment contracts, supply agreements, and vendor agreements are just a few examples of contracts that we assist our clients with. We can help you tailor your contract to best suit your specific needs. Contacts are legally enforceable documents, so it is important that you fully understand the terms and that the right terms are included for your business.
In addition, we can help you remedy a breach of contract. A breach of contract occurs when one of the parties fails to fill contractual obligations. A breach of contract gives you the right to pursue legal remedies in the event the other party breaches the contract.